Invest In Your Dog’s Education
Training by Dog Wizardry
Training With The Dog Wizard
Clients often ask, “What is the First Thing You do When you Train a Dog?” The First thing I do is Listen to your Dog.
Working 1 on 1 is available for Service Dogs, Dog Sports, Advanced Obedience, Aggression, Off Leash Recall, Nuisance Behaviors & More. I travel all over the country and outside of the US. For Autism Service Dogs, I often collaborate with ABA Therapists in order to maximize the results.
Authentic Dog Training is not about “fixing the dog.” It’s about building a relationship based on Love, Trust, Respect & Communication. Educating Dog Owners is a huge part of that. Understanding the process is critical for setting the dog up for success!
Real Work. Real Results.
CGC Exam Evaluator
Since 1989, over 1 million dogs and their owners have participated in the Canine Good Citizen Program. Dogs must master ten basic skills that instill confidence and good manners in and out of your home.
Professional member of the International Association of Canine Professionals. I keep up with the latest developments in dog training. I’m constantly field testing new techniques to better help you and your dog.
Have a dog training question? Come on the Podcast. Additionally, I have conversations with dog professionals & thought leaders in a variety of fiields. The Podcast is not limited to dog training.
Offers & Details
Affordable Service Dog Training (Lifetime)
Autism, Diabetic Alert, Seizures & PTSD
Exclusive Dog Weight Pulling Lessons
Unique Live in Dog Trainer Program
No Deceptive Training
We Offer a One of a Kind Blend of Programs including Service Dog Training at Affordable Prices & with a Lifetime Guarantee. Exclusive Weight Pulling Lessons, Nuisance Behaviors and more.
Specializing in Autism Service Dogs for Children on the Higher Spectrum. Also offering Diabetic Alert, Seizure Response and PTSD.
Specializing in Weight Pulling. Also offering Agility, Dog Powered Scooters and more. Dogs Love Phsyical & Psychological challenges. Let’s get started!
“Sit” “Stay” “Heel” “Down” “Come” “Stand” & “Place” All Commands have an implied “Stay” until you say “Free”
what They’re Saying
I am a retired United States Air Force Master Sergeant (retired 1994), a retired Police Service Dog Handler (Narcotics Detection/Patrol), (retired 2014), and former contract Explosive Detection Dog Handler (2015 -2019). I was contracted to the United States Department of State under the World Wide Protective Services (WPSS II).
In September 2019, I spent one week observing Ivan as he performed his duties as a traveling service dog trainer. During the time I spent with Ivan we visited several separate families in New Jersey and Ohio with the goal of enhancing their ability to use and train their provided service dogs.
Ivan was extremely diligent and conscientious in providing training for each family. He made every effort to research their case and to determine a strategy to work with them. Ivan was very attentive and listened carefully during the initial interviews with the families and asked probing and insightful questions in an effort to fully understand each situation. Ivan also made every effort to ensure the families understood the principles of Classical and Instrumental Conditioning so once he departed, they could also effectively work with their service dogs.
In my estimation Ivan is a skilled trainer and an effective communicator to both humans and dogs. I highly recommend him as a Service Dog Trainer and Handler.
Police Service Dog/Explosive Detection Dog Handler
I recently rescued a GoldenDoodle who was exhibiting some (what I thought) were aggression issues. Thank goodness Ivan came to the rescue, as I have 2 young sons and another dog at home. We needed this new pup to fit into our family, not disrupt it.
Believe it or not, I knew Ivan in high school! We recently ran into each other after 20 years.￼ In the process of catching up, ￼he told me that he trains service dogs.
Turns out, I recently rescued a Golden Doodle named Kodi￼ that was displaying dangerous behaviors towards my children, guests and my other dog!
Ivan thoughtfully assessed the situation and told me that he didn’t think it was an aggression issue.￼
He focused on what was causing the issues. He said that Kodi had a bad association with doors. My dog reacted every time somebody was coming in or out of the house, or when my kids were putting on their backpacks to leave the house, etc.￼
Before I rescued Kodi, the previous owner kept him locked behind doors for 18 hours a day.￼
Long story short, Ivan helped me solve the problem.
After that, I asked him if he could help me with some commands that service dogs do, to help my son with anxiety.￼
Ivan taught me some behaviors like nudging and kissing my son on command to stop him from meltdowns.￼￼ The best part is…it works!
As a family, we are absolutely thrilled that Ivan has shared his dog training expertise with us! Kodi is now an asset instead of a liability!
I currently have an Autism Service dog and have worked with Ivan in person and over the phone. Ivan is very knowledgeable and gives out great advice with our ongoing training with our dog.
Without his training visit and advice I don’t know what we would have done! Not only do you get a dog trainer but you get somebody who genuinely cares. He wants the dog to succeed to its best for the person that needs him and it really shows!
Pricing plans have some flexibility
Live Video Chat
- Allows me to see a bird’s eye view of the dog’s home environment. Most issues begin in the home due to poor pack structure. Even though it’s virtual, you’ll receive the same standard of guidance as my in home clients.
- Specializing in Austism Service Dogs, PTSD & Seizure Response. Down-to-Earth & Honest Service Dog Training. Everything is Customized According to your Unique Needs. 24/7 Support for Service Dog Clients.
Dog Sports & Scent Games
- Weight Pulling, Urban Mushing, Agility and more. The Benefits are Similar to that of a Child Learning a Music Instrument or a Sport. Dogs Love Physical & Psychological Challenges. Experience The Difference Between a Dog Feeling Tired & a Dog Feeling Fulfilled.
- Most Bang for your Buck! Even if other trainers have failed you. Clear Communication must first be established with the dog. An integrated approach is then applied which looks at Pack Structure, Age, Breed, Temperament, Drive, Diet etc..
Live In Trainer
- A Fun Program that is the First of It’s Kind! Honestly, Most owners are doing Everything Wrong. How You Live your Dog Influences Your Dog’s Outdoors Demeanor. Ready to Live with the Mad Scientist of Dog Training? Filmed for the website & future reality show.
Board & Train
- Your Dog Stays Here. Immersive Learning Equals Less Stress on You. Owner education is vital. You must maintain the new training & relationsip in order to preserve what your fur baby learned. Going back to your old ways will bring the dog back her old ways.
Sign up for The Dog Wizard’s Newsletter and Receive a free 15 min consultation.